.

Saturday, 15 January 2011

It's Potty Time

Okay, so I think I am the last person on the planet who cares about Bella being potty trained. I mean of course I don't want her to walk into Kindergarten in diapers, but she's growing so fast that its like the last thing left keeping her babyish. Well, , she's about halfway there. She goes in the potty when she can be bothered to stop what she is doing. Now, I am not trying to put her nakedness all over the place but my blog is safe and I want this story to be part of the book I put together for her.

Anyhoo, my mom kept talking to me for months on end about getting her some silky underwear, saying that once she felt how soft they are she wouldn't want to wear a diaper anymore. And thus, she'd become potty trained once and for all without turning back. Well, for months she'd been looking for silky toddler underwear only to realize that they don't make it. Maybe they did back in her day, but not now. Most of the time, she has some great ideas, but I really wasn't buying this one. (no offense mom) Nevertheless, she still said she'd help Bella get potty trained over our visit. My reaction, "Go for it momma! Good luck."

Once we arrived, she showed Bella her new undies....not silk but cute Dora and Blue's Clues. Plus, she got a new step stool and potty seat for the BIG GIRL potty (she only has a little potty at home). I have to say that Bella seemed a little excited. I was a tad optimistic. So, Nana let her first sit on the new potty and try it out. Then, she got to pick out her first pair of undies. Oh boy! Next, she got the lecture about telling Nana when she had to go potty. Everything was set.

Not more than 10 minutes later, Bella was sopping wet. Of course it didn't bother her or stop her from playing, she just went along with drenched pants. Once Nana realized it she took Bella to the potty and explained about telling Nana BEFORE she went. Then, she sat on the potty for a long time. As you can see in the picture, Bella used potty time to read stories to my mom (showing pictures and all), plus I could hear some fabulous Christmas carols coming from the bathroom many times.

After that, Bella got to pick her 2nd pair of undies. Ah, fresh and clean. Not more than 20 minutes, Aunty Sissy noticed Bella's socks were wet....yep! Accident number #2. At this point I was laughing on the inside because the lovely undies was having no effect on my baby girl. She could've care less about the sagging wet panties she was wearing. "Oh, Nana, Bella needs you!"

Bella picked her 3rd pair and started again! Nana said, "Okay, we'll try her on the potty in 1/2 hour. I'll go take a quick shower." I am not kidding when I tell you that as soon as Nana entered the shower Bella was wet AGAIN. I've NEVER see her go that many times. It was truly hilarious by that moment. When Nana got out of the shower, I was like, "Oh, Nana, Bella needs another pair of undies." She couldn't believe it. She stopped for that day. So much for her theory. At least it was great bonding for the two of them!

These days Bella is doing much better, but I'll tell you what....it isn't a matter of if the girl can it's whether she feels like interrupting her play time to walk to the bathroom. She's definitely one of a kind. And I love her, wet panties and all!









No comments:

Post a Comment