When Bella was very little, I always wrote things down that I wanted to remember. As she gets older, I find myself making a conscience effort to keep that going because let's face it...kids say and do the funniest and sweetest things.
For instance............
Bella was eating an apple, chewing her food and said, (as she opened her mouth and pointed to her back teeth)
B-"Mom, these are my boulders."
M- "Your what?"
B- "My boulders."
M- (laugh) "Sweetie, those are called molars, not boulders."
B- "No, they're not, they are boulders."
M- "Who told you that?"
B- "My daddy."
M- "No, he didn't. Daddy calls those molars."
B- "No, they are boulders."
Days later, I FINALLY convinced her they were molars. She can be a stubborn one.
____________________________________
One night we went upstairs to watch a movie in my bed. I was reading a magazine while Bella was watching the movie. She turned to me and said,
B- "Mom, I want to read a magazine, too."
So I got her a kid's toy catalog.
B-"No, mom, I want to read one like yours."
So, I gave her the latest PEOPLE magazine. Nice reading, I know.
B-"Yeah, I like this one. I like to look at the people."
So we were both reading our People magazines, when she said,
B- "Mom, this looks just like you."
I looked over and saw that she was looking at a picture of Kate Winslet in a form fitting black dress on the red carpet. (I'll take that as a look-a-like)
M- "Yeah, that kind of looks like mommy."
With the most serious face she said,
B- "Is it you?"
M- "No, babe."
Equally as serious,
B-" Well who is it then?" (once again she did not believe me when I said it wasn't me!)
In order to convince her I had to show her the caption and help her sound out the name.
_______________________________________
Just the other night, Curtis and Bella were working on a puzzle. When they finished, Curtis said (as he gave her a high five)
C-"Bella, you are awesome. You ROCK!"
B- "And you ROLL!"
Get it? Rock and Roll. I thought that was such a clever response....especially since we never say that.
________________________________________
A couple of weeks ago, I was having a emotional time. For some reason, I just hit a stride where I was grieving. Anyway, we were in the car on the way to school listening to some praise music. One of my favorite songs came on and I was tearing up. I looked at Bella in the rear view mirror and saw that she was looking up through the sunroof in deep thought.
When we arrived at school, we got out and started walking to the gate.
B-"Mommy, look up at the clouds. Aren't they beautiful?" (It happened to be a blue sky day with a few puffy white clouds)
M-"Yes, honey, they are are."
B-"I was looking at them in the car while we were listening to the song about God. It made me very happy!"
At that moment I knew God sent me a little pint sized messenger to tell me, "It's gonna be alright."
__________________________________________
A few days later, the same song came on and Bella started to smile.
B-"Mommy, this song is about God and Jesus."
M-"Yes, hon, it is."
B- "Is an angel singing it?"
It's hard to dwell on life's unfortunate events when you have such an amazing gift from above!
Thursday, 10 May 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment