.

Saturday, 28 July 2012

Late Night Convos

One of my favorite things to do is lie in bed with Bella and "talk".  She has been incredibly inquisitive lately and has to know how everything works.  And as everyone knows, kids' questions can be tough.

She is going through an "afraid of the dark/monsters" phase (at least I hope it is a phase), so we have been talking every night about how monsters are make believe and that no matter what, God will protect her.  One evening during my reassurance speech, she said so matter-of-factly, "Mom, but I can't see God, how is he here keeping me safe from monsters?"  Uh... How do you explain that to a 3.5 year old?   Well, I went on to explain that He lives in Heaven but can see everything with help from Jesus and His angels because He is that powerful.  We've been going through this over and over in hopes that she can comprehend it.  Tough, I know.

Well, in addition to this phase, she is going through a "Peter Pan/I Can Fly" phase.  (who hasn't?)  Anyway, she absolutely believes without a doubt that as long as you have your shadow and a bit of pixie dust you will fly.  I discovered this when I said, "See, you have your shadow now you can fly like Peter Pan."  She responded in the most serious tone, "No, mom, you have to have pixie dust, too!"  Duh, what was I thinking?

Anyway, tonight we were hanging out in her bed and after she said her prayers she said, "Mom, I really wish you would go buy me some pixie dust so I could fly to Heaven and see God!"

I had to explain that we don't fly to Heaven, but God comes and gets us when He is ready for us to be there.  She said, "Well, what does Heaven look like?"  "I don't know, honey, because I haven't been there yet."   She responded, "But how does he come get us, does he fly?  Does God have pixie dust, too!"

I can't only imagine her dreams tonight!  


No comments:

Post a Comment