.

Saturday, 28 July 2012

Monster High, Huh?

Truth be told, I have always considered myself fairly "with it". I mean, I usually know what is going on with kids and such. I usually am aware of what is popular. THAT HAS CHANGED! Perhaps, I am just getting old. Who knows? Well, Bella received a birthday party invite that said "Come dressed like your favorite Monster High Character." Um, who? I briefly recall one of my 3rd graders getting a Monster High doll for Christmas but other than that, I couldn't tell you a thing about it. And because Bella had only been going to school a few days a week, she got her invite 2 days before the party.

Most normal people would just go get a gift and forget about the theme. Not me, of course. I am a head case when it comes to themes. So, OPERATION GOOGLE. Thank God for Google, man! There was NOTHING out there when we shopped so we improvised a lot. In the end, she looked super cute and was one of the only ones dressed up....that's to include the birthday girl.

Here is the character, Draculaura, that we tried to emulate.
And here she is as Draculaura. (sorry there are so many pics....I just thought she looked so precious)







The party was at the Skating Rink.  Bella NOW loves skating.

Jumping up and down.......a daily occurrence.
With the birthday girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment