.

Tuesday, 29 June 2010

London City Chicks

I always wonder if I could live in the city. 99% of the time I concur that I couldn't and am a true "suburb" girl. But, last weekend Bella and I had an absolutely wonderful play date in the city which left that 1% of me saying, "hmmmmmm?". London IS absolutely marvelous on so many different levels but on this day we visited a gorgeous park, stopped in for lunch at Giraffe, grabbed a frozen blended Frap at Starbucks and played at our good friends' flat. All that was magnificent, but what really made the day was the reason we were there in the first place-----we spent it with our dear friends Scarlett, Spencer and Ms. Amanda. Amanda is my good friend from West Ruislip and we try to visit as often as we can, but it had been a l-o-n-g time since we had gotten together. Her daughter, Scarlett is 2 1/2 and is the most articulate toddler I have ever met. She was very excited to play with Bella, but Bella was a little shy. Spencer is her precious new son (2 months), but I have no pictures of him because I am a ding bat. Anyway, we enjoyed our day tremendously.


You have to start off every play time with a snack, of course. For some reason, Bella wanted a spoon to eat her goldfish crackers. She kept trying out different ones. I have no idea why, but hey, different folks, different strokes. Scarlett was such a great hostess. She brought out so many toys and set up a picnic in the living room.

This is the sand pit at the cool park we visited.
Scarlett peeking out from the train at the park.
Of course we had to go on the swings, duh!
Bella has been getting very bold with her climbing. She just started climbing on this play equipment without her mommy. She's growing up too fast.
Leading Scarlett over the bridge.
Just mommy being camera happy.
"Hey mama, will you stop taking pictures and let me play already?!"
To the slide, of course!
Thank you Lord for good friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment