.

Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Stop #3: Columbia, South Carolina

After a few days in Atlanta, we headed home to Columbia with Curtis' family. It was the shortest time we have ever spent there so it was just a lot of gathering of family and eating. It was quality time over quanity. It was a blessing to be able to share the time we did have.


Once we arrived, Bella wasted no time getting confortable.

The next morning we got ready for church. Bella had this beautiful fancy dress that one of the elders of the church bought her last summer. I thought she looked like an angel.......... ................well, if you see her facial expression here, she was not too happy. Since she never wears anything quite so fancy, the toule (sp?) of the dress underneath is beginning to bother her and I think I tied the bow too tight. So, about 30 seconds after taking this picture she ripped the flower off the front and practically destroyed it. So much for high fashion.Granddaddy and Grandma after church. Curtis' mom ALWAYS looks like a million bucks on Sunday with her suits and matching hats. I absolutely love it.


Lizzy, Will, Kelsey and Jessica gave their cousin some love. (although she was getting sick of pictures, as you can see)

Bella went to Uncle Virgil to escape the pictures. (notice she flung her bow off)

After church, we went to Janis' house for a BBQ. Bella got more love from the cousins. Here she is playing with her kitchen. She loves to use her imagination.

Cookin up spaghetti with Kelsey and Simone.

"Gulp, yum-yum."

The last couple of days were spent at the house with Grandma and Granddaddy where everyone congregates. We had seafood one night and then I made my famous chicken rolls the other night. I made a record high of 96! Every last one was devoured. The boys even got up and made omelets one morning. The house was/is always busy and warm with family coming and going. It's always a blessing to be there.


Bella loved playing ball with Grandma.



Curtis' mom watches a baby named RaMya who is 2 days younger than Bella. They met last year, but this year they were more aware of each other. RaMya kept hugging Bella and following her. Bella thought that was fun for the first 5 minutes and then it became an invasion of her personal space. Sigh. They shared toys and played some but I think Bella prefers being an only child. Not sure if this is good or bad. I'll get back to ya.

"I'll look at the camera if you will. 1-2-3"

Thank you Lord for the opportunity to visit with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment